Narrative Lead - League, Champions Team
13 days ago
As Narrative Leads at Riot, we manage a team of writers and editors. We oversee the development and growth of our teams, and manage the hiring, on-boarding, and off-boarding of direct reports. We also ensure that the team is meeting department quality and product needs. We lean on years of experience to help build some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. We use our craft expertise and high-level execution will enrich the players’ immersive experience.
As a Narrative Lead on League's Gameplay team , you will report into the narrative lead for League of Legends. You will support the writers both in craft and career as we develop narratives that will both surprise and delight players. Gameplay projects include Champions product development, Clash, and competitive seasonal updates and events. You will work with Product Leads, Delivery Leads, Art, Design, and the League of Legends Narrative Lead to stay aligned on vision and priorities. You will quickly mediate and resolve craft disagreements and misalignments, prioritizing the craft’s health and support above personally contributing to narrative production. You will also work with the Narrative Leads to build a future forward workflow and quality.
- Manage career growth, compensation, composition, and motivation of all direct reports
- Mentor and managing the Narrative team in creating consistent, high-quality narratives
- Responsible for setting the writing direction for their product in collaboration with the Product Owner and League of Legends Narrative Lead
- Collaborate with concept artists and designers in creating authentic interpretations of iconic champions within the League of Legends IP
- Drive the development of Narrative craft reviews and process/pipeline guidelines
- Manage and communicating progress with multi-disciplinary organizations
- Establish product-specific writing objectives
- Participate in hands-on craft contribution
- 7+ years of professional industry experience
- Experience delivering quality work across a variety of creative disciplines
- Experience hiring, managing, and mentoring people
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP, and Champions/Skins universes
- Experience working with external teams/vendors, giving thorough direction, and delivering timely, clear, and actionable feedback
- Experience developing character narratives for games
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).