Narrative Director, Unannounced Survival Game
25 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Narrative Director, Unannounced Survival Game
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride. Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As the Narrative Director you'd be joining a world class team to be instrumental in the leadership and storytelling of the game’s vision. This position would be responsible for leading a growing team, establishing direction and consistency, and drive the development of the overall story, characters, and setting in collaboration with the other creative leads.
As part of studio leadership, this director will report to the project Executive Producer and will collaborate with the Creative Director, narrative designers, and the larger development team to ensure alignment and continuity across teams. This is a highly collaborative position and will require working with all disciplines within the studio to help define how the story is integrated. This Narrative Director will help lead the team and explore new ways to deliver unique, rich, and exciting stories. You’ll have a unique opportunity to help define the narrative vision and how we communicate our worlds and stories to players.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Set the Narrative Vision and strategy for the product
- Build and direct a writing and narrative design team
- Maintain, safeguard, and champion the narrative.
- Partner closely with creative leads and producers to integrate the story into all aspects of the game.
- Mentor and develop others on the narrative and wider design team in narrative design principles and methodologies
- Have a passion for interactive storytelling.
- Maintain narrative documentation to constantly reflect the latest iterations in the vision.
- 7+ years of leading narrative teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work well under deadlines
- Work and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of industry trends and successful intellectual properties
- Plays and has knowledge of modern video game storytelling techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of interactive direction.
- Willingness to explore, or experience in exploring, narrative designs that puts more of the story in the player’s hands.
- An excellent understanding of narrative systems and structures.
- Strong understanding of narrative-related pipelines.
- Familiarity with common scheduling, task, and issue tracking tools.
- Able to create, manage, and help track schedules for a team of Narrative Designers.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $134,000.00 - $247,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.