12 days ago
- Understand the elements of the creative and the game direction, translate emotion intentions for the player into the game experience by leveraging on our narrative systems and features;
- Quality delivery in all aspect of narrative and scriptwriting in various formats for the project
- Establish strong working relationship and alignment with creative, narrative, game and content directors, as well as with other writers and designers
- Be a strong contributor to the technical areas of narrative including but not limited to tools, narrative branching, menus, and relevant narrative needs from our systems and features
- Help formalize and iterate on narrative content and systems, be responsible for their final implementation ingame (eg. dialogue, ui elements, scripted events)
- Propose and address necessary changes for the narrative team based on directors’ feedback. Comply with technical, design and production constraints over the course of the project
- Carry out all other related tasks as required
Higher-learning Degree or Diploma in literature or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in narrative design, game design, level design, or equivalent;
- Familiarity with principles of game narrative, specifically in the context of emergent/open world games;
- Experience with video games a must;
- Experience in writing, story development, and film-making an asset.
- Good knowledge of video games;
- Knowledge of game design basic rules & theory (learning curve, difficulty curve, curve of rhythm);
- Strong analytical and structured mind, with a proven capacity for and comfort with abstraction;
- Listening, communication, and collaboration skills;
- An eye for new trends and innovations within the industry.
** All Applications Must Include **
Please submit an essay on the topic of “Player Story” as it pertains to open world games today.
Use any existing examples from recent games.
The purpose of this essay is to expose your knowledge of game Narratives that cater to player choice within an open world game structure. More and more, writers must embrace game Narrative as a system designed to allow players to live and create their own stories inside their virtual world.
How do writers design story and Narrative in a way that opens as many doors as possible for our players?
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!
Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.