This job might no longer be available.
Narrative Designer (All Levels)
Austin, Texas, United States
6 months ago
Daybreak Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Bring your favorite comic book characters off the page and into the massively multiplayer action game on PC and consoles
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and the design team to quickly create or edit game narrative, dialogue, mission text, item names, marketing materials, and release notes
- Voice Over collaboration with the VO director and actors, while managing the text, workflows, and pipelines
Leader In Craft
- Craft standards: Two plus years professional writing and editing expertise (No, seriously, wordsmith, you’re awesome and make the rest of us envy your mastery of the written and spoken word). Ability to accept and integrate feedback, manage time and meet deadlines in a highly collaborative environment.
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Ability to learn proprietary tools required to perform design and editorial tasks (Implementation is a must).
- Documentation: Strong skills in story, character, and gameplay documentation.
- Knowledge: Familiarity (bonus: extensive knowledge!) with DC Comics characters and stories, and experience with online video games and console action games. Willingness to broaden your knowledge base with research is a must!
- Bonuses: Familiarity with Unreal Engine, and video game design experience. Experience writing super heroes in any media (comics, games, TV, film, etc.)
- End result: Must be able to pull all the above into a compelling end result that enhances the gameplay experience.
- Empathy: Anything is possible, and nothing is rejected out of hand. We strive to see other’s points of view, in both colleagues and our players.
- Ownership: We treat game features as our own from start to finish. Which means taking the initiative to find both problems and solutions.
- Humility: We're looking for people who want to work with the smartest people they can. We look for ways to elevate one another and actively seek feedback to find the best possible course of action.
- Honesty: We value diverse opinions. We are transparent, candid and caring, always. We are excited to see where the next great idea will come from.