Narrative Designer - Diablo Immortal
1 month ago
Job Title:Narrative Designer - Diablo Immortal
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Join us as we write the next chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal, a Massively Multiplayer Action-RPG mobile game set in the world of Sanctuary, lets heroes slay demons anywhere, at any time.
Are you an exceptional Narrative Designer? Come work with us, and together we’ll create something amazing. If you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and is passionate about Diablo’s gothic themes and fast-paced gameplay, we'd love to talk to you.
As a Narrative Designer, you will collaborate with quest and systems designers on instructional and creative writing, dialogue, and text implementation. In addition, you will frequently be called upon to assist with editing, research and intellectual property input. The ideal candidate is skilled in clear and concise writing, is very comfortable with inter-team collaboration, and has a passion for the world of Sanctuary.
Diablo Immortal is a full-fledged action RPG designed from the ground up for mobile. You will join a veteran team of developers with a shared vision to raise the bar of what a mobile game can be. If you can provide constructive insight and iterate on your work in the pursuit of quality, this is the role for you.
- Work with the quest & narrative design team to develop interesting story arcs, settings, characters, and cinematics
- Create appropriate theming for major game systems
- Write and implement high-quality storylines with interesting characters, text, and dialogue
- Write and implement in-game instructions, tooltips, lore summaries and backgrounds
- Develop and maintain documentation for characters and lore
- Review and provide feedback on in-game content
- Work with the sound and voice team to record voiced dialogue
- Perform editing tasks as needed
- Communicate best practices for the Diablo IP to partners and stakeholders
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in game development, focused on the narrative aspects of a game.
- A talent for writing spoken dialogue with emphasis on clarity, brevity, and characterization.
- Experience with writing and dialogue editing within game or localization tools.
- Eagerness to help develop tools and processes that enable voice recording and worldbuilding across a rich game world.
- Understanding and knowledge of the Diablo IP.
- Solid work ethic and ability to write and implement content independently.
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with working on deadlines.
- Aptitude for collaboration in a team environment.
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Experience in film, theater, or television narrative and script writing.
- Experience working within a franchise that features dark or mature settings.
- Experience working with voice actors and voice directors to help bring the most to a character’s voice and performance.
- Successfully published writing work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics).
- Experience developing multiplayer open-world games or MMO experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Cover letter.
- Writing sample.
- Ability to work full-time onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.