Narrative Content Designer
5 days ago
The Narrative team at Counterplay games is looking for a full-time Narrative Content Designer that will contribute to designing and implementing story and other narrative content for missions across various projects.
This role involves both the implementation of narrative systems and mechanics as well as playtesting, reviewing, and addressing feedback. As a Narrative Content Designer, you will be a bridge between Narrative, Gameplay, and Engineering, in which you will need to have the ability to look at all facets of a mission.
You’ll be working closely with the Narrative Team and other designers to help weave a narrative into the player experience on several projects. You will also work to identify and define the narrative framework and requirements for all projects, based on each individual project’s unique vision.
This position is 100% Remote.
- Design and implement narrative content for Counterplay Games, playing a hands-on role as needed to ensure best-in-class in-game storytelling
- Design, implement, and maintain scripted events, quests, and other narrative content
- Use Unreal and Blueprint scripting to implement quests and narrative content
- Work closely with the Narrative team to understand the varied contexts in which their work will be experienced
- Help design and architect technical systems that support delivering compelling, engaging, and immersive game experiences
- Write lines of dialogue and lore entries as needed
- Write and maintain design documentation
- Participate in the development of story content as a member of CPG’s Narrative Team
- 2+ years’ professional narrative/design experience
- Hands-on game content implementation skills
- Scripting experience with text or visual scripting languages, as well as technical proficiency with game editors (mainstream or proprietary)
- Strong understanding of how to integrate story and game mechanics
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Proficiency with the Google Office Suite including slides, sheets, and docs
- Ability to thrive working in a virtual environment
One or more of these is a plus:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5, including practical experience with Blueprint scripting
- Familiarity with animation state machines, AI behavior trees, and Sequencer
- Experience writing for games / interactive fiction
- Published writing work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics)
- Experience working with game cinematics