NOC Analyst 1
13 days ago
Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1 ® , DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide ® , and EverQuest ® .
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts.
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications
- Server hardware troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Remote management of server hardware.
- Collaborate with engineers and other analysts to solve problems and keep the network functioning at a high level of efficiency.
- Create and maintain procedural documentation and monitoring alerts based upon requirements defined by development teams and Technical Operations groups.
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Replace malfunctioning or underperforming hardware connected to the network.
- Track, monitor and audit assets and inventory.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field of study.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment. Previous NOC experience is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key network monitoring protocols including SNMP, NetFlow, WMI, syslog, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft/Linux server operating systems and Cisco network devices.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with customers and technical personnel in high-stress situations.
- Ability to work on-call
- Ability to manage time, resource and priorities.
- Must have reliable transportation, as some off-site travel is required in order to maintain and service servers
About Daybreak San Diego:
Our headquarters is where gaming and San Diego culture; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
*Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.*
*Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Daybreak Games or any of our affiliated studios, we encourage you to apply directly on our website. Daybreak Game Company values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews, and falsified offer letters.
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.