This job might no longer be available.
NHL - C++ Generalist
1 month ago
As part of this team, you will help develop the tech, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the user interface for NHL along with working on new features every year.
You’ll have the chance to work in a dynamic team and develop interesting features.
- You will design new features or new additions to existing features within the UI domain.
- You will work with Production, Game Designers, and Interface Designers, to gather requirements and write technical design specifications. Propose tech solutions for low to medium complexity features and discuss them with the team lead.
- You will monitor performance and UI stability impact from your changes and address any issues that may arise. You will investigate complex and hard to debug issues and provide tech solutions for addressing them.
- You will manage your piece of feature/ sub-feature entirely. This often means you will oversee implementing the core logic, game flows and UI screen plus any UI custom components.
- You will report your progress to the UI lead and team manager.
- You will be part of a dynamic team focused on bringing high-quality features, tools and frameworks that form the foundation of the NHL User Interface along with developing new features every year.
- Object-oriented programming experience of OO design principles.
- 3+ years’ experience in C++ software development.
- Experience debugging complex bugs through multiple techniques.
- Experience adapting to existing multiple coding styles.
- Experience embracing challenges and find creative ways to overpass them.
- Experience in ActionScript or open-minded to learn the basics of it.
Nice to have:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in UI technologies (Qt, Unity, or Unreal UI frameworks).
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, Lua), C# and SQL.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.