.NET Backend Developer
8 days ago
Ubisoft Kyiv is looking for an online programmer to join our Harbour team!
Working on online services for our productions, you enjoy developing solutions that would bring players online experience to the next level! Everything that is between player, game and internet is in your responsibility - Online Services like Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking etc. You are entrusted with developing games online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance and developing global services deployed to the cloud that easily scale to support millions concurrent users. You are good at coordinating with product owners and stakeholders to help them innovate and exploit opportunities offered by online technologies.
You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve!
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Harbour developer you will appear in all Ubisoft Games credits that will be released since you join the team
- Design, create, optimize and maintain online services (Online Services like Authentication, Authorization, Challenges, Statistics, Friends, Store, Inventory, Battle Pass, Sanctions, Progressions, Matchmaking)
- Develop online features, monitor and operate solutions for Ubisoft video games
- Leverage your tech skills to build scalable and reliable solutions which offer the best experience for millions of players
- Stay up to date with the latest advances in your field and evaluate internal or external technologies to find the best fit for your project
- Participate in determining systems behavior under normal or simulated peak load conditions to optimize performance
- Track down and correct the bugs identified by quality control or members of the production team
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and allow users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Strong working knowledge of .NET Core 3+ / .NET 5
- Hands-On experience with Containerization (Docker)
- Experience developing REST APIs backend
- Knowledge of database programming with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis or similar)
- Knowledge of microservices architecture, distributed high load and scalable systems
Will be a plus
- Experience with Python
- Experience working with cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.)
- Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD (GitLab) & automation oriented technologies
- Experience in unit, integration, and load testing
- Experience with Kibana / Grafana / Splunk
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and community can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.