NBA2K Social Media Intern
19 days ago
Who We Are:
In the past 15 years, 2K has established a rich heritage for publishing some of the biggest franchises in gaming. This includes blockbuster titles such as NBA 2K, Borderlands, Bioshock, WWE 2K, Civilization, XCOM, and more. During that time, we’ve been fortunate enough to build a passionate and driven fan base who are eager to engage with our brands on a deeper level.
What We Need
A social media enthusiast who understands the ins and out of using all social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, and first party platform community hubs. We are looking for someone who can help create and execute video and graphic-led social content for NBA 2K channels using video and photo editing software.
Under the direction of the Global Manager of Digital and Social Marketing, the Social Media Intern will be responsible for assisting global strategy on NBA 2K channels, day-to-day posting content, community engagement, and any other tasks as needed.
This role will have high levels of collaboration and exposure across multiple stakeholders between our Brand, PR, Influencer, Community, and Creative departments.
What You Will Do
- Create video and/or graphic-led (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut) social content for NBA 2K sports social channels, including conceptualization, planning, production, and publishing
- Monitor key TikTok and Twitter trends and work with the social team to identify how to bring these to life on NBA 2K channels.
- Execute day-to-day channel engagement and across NBA 2K social channels, and engage with our community on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Develop social creative briefs and help coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes
- Contribute to an ongoing content calendar for owned social channels in conjunction with the Manager and Associate Social Media Manager
- Keep a constant finger on the pulse of social media trends in our industry, entertainment, consumer products, and sports that can inspire and drive our initiatives
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social platforms and the NBA. A social media aficionado who is proficient in creating and publishing content. This person monitors social and cultural trends and up to date on internet culture. You follow the NBA closely and know the latest moves happening in the league.
They should be independent, proactive, and always ideating ways to enhance what we do to drive engagement and retention, while having the skillset to logistically execute ideas and effectively collaborate. This person must be extremely thorough, detailed oriented, and organized while maintaining efficiency, and of course, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Always keep in mind the best social media practices and learn what our audience needs to create engaging content.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be $25 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.