NBA 2K Global Marketing Strategy Intern
4 days ago
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
WHAT WE NEED:
We are looking for a driven and intellectually curious Global Marketing Strategy Intern for the NBA 2K marketing team. The right candidate will embody our company values and is passionate about marketing and the gaming industry. Under the direction of the Brand Manager, this role will assist in developing and implementing innovative, strategic global marketing plans and tactical campaign assets based on consumer insights that will inform local territory go-to-market plans.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a central part of the NBA 2K global marketing effort, the Intern, GMS will be expected to go above and beyond in stewardship of 2K’s flagship business. Amongst other marketing-oriented responsibilities, the candidate’s key duties will be to:
- Support the core GMS team in building global marketing campaigns for successful NBA 2K product launches, as defined by the label’s annual objectives
- Participate in weekly meetings, provide regular after-action reports, and periodically build and present plans and other marketing decks
- Support and coordinate with internal cross-functional teams/partners to maximize awareness and conversion opportunities across all 2K marketing channels
- Assist with the development of creative campaigns and coordinate the production and distribution of final assets (key art, packaging, trailers, screenshots, social assets, sales support materials, etc.) to the relevant stakeholders
- Research and track competitive campaigns, activity, and product feature sets
- Other related duties as required
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- You are enrolled in either a college, university, or trade school at the time of the internship
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and/or a willingness to learn about gaming and other pop-culture-related trends. A passion for video games.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)