Music Content Counsel
14 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced attorney to support digital music and content programs at Twitch. You will advise partners on global music and related legal matters, and structure, draft and negotiate agreements to support a variety of transactions, including deals with music/content rights holders and talent. You will work directly with the Music team and with other Twitch Legal Team members. This lawyer will report directly to our Head of Music Legal and be part of the Twitch Legal Team headquartered in the US.
- Advise on matters and tackle challenging issues that have both legal and business impact , in connection with music-related issues, programs and products
- Structure, draft and negotiate music/content distribution, partnership, sponsorship and other commercial agreements, as both lead and supporting counsel on deals
- Work with legal team members to ensure our needs are met, improve processes and guide internal education
- Monitor and advise the business on important industry, legal and policy developments
- A relevant Juris Doctor degree (J.D.)
- California Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- 5+ years experience as a transactional lawyer
- 2+ years of experience drafting and negotiating entertainment transactions, preferably in the digital music or content space
- Solid creative problem-solving skills and experience in the following substantive areas: copyright, music rights, commercial transactions
- Relevant technical degree or high level of comfort with technology preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.