Motion Graphics Designer
5 days ago
Who We Are:
2K is a global publisher of interactive entertainment including award-winning game franchises Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
2K Mobile is looking for an experienced Motion Graphics Designer to work with the studios it supports to lead and partner with other designers and stakeholders to produce eye-catching videos for player, partner, and internal-facing audiences. The ideal candidate possesses excellent video editing, motion graphics, and production management skills and is experienced in supporting top games in the mobile F2P space.
What You Will Do:
- Gameplay Capture: Lead capturing gameplay and in-game resources for the development of media assets of all types.
- Lead creation of video assets that will:
- Power and hit aggressive performance marketing/user acquisition targets.
- Get media outlets and influencers excited to pump up our titles.
- Support branding initiatives.
- Get platform and brand partners excited about upcoming releases.
- Motion Graphics: Typography, Lighting FX, transitions, keying, rotoscoping, etc
- Video Editing: short social media ads and clips, sizzle reels, trailers, and commercials
- Other Post-Production Elements: color grading, sound design and mixing, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc
- Support creation of assets that will:
- Drive players to install our games from store pages.
- Engage players on social media platforms.
- Enable other various creative initiatives.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Must provide an online demo reel showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or demo work will NOT be considered.
- Provide 2D artwork if available
- Minimum 3 years of experience editing video and creating motion graphics or animations
- A good sense of fundamental graphic design: typography, layout, lighting, color, and composition
- Marketing and/or advertising experience a plus
- Experience in playing / mastering video games across genres and platforms, specialty with mobile F2P titles in particular
- Skills, Experience, & Mindset
- Experience using Adobe Premiere and After Effects in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Compositing skills, including; typography, animation, motion / camera tracking, rotoscoping, and keying, etc. within After Effects
- Fluency in color correction and color grading
- Must be able to primarily work during Pacific Time hours, flexible, and able to work overtime when needed
- Knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with experience using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder and Compressor
- General live-production capabilities- filming, lighting, audio, green screen, etc.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented, organized, and deadline driven
- You must be able to work efficiently and very quickly
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn proprietary software and best practices
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills
- Ability to create 2D artwork and marketing materials in Photoshop a big plus
Location: Remote (support team with West Coast hours)