Motion Graphics Artist
19 days ago
MOTION GRAPHICS ARTIST JOB DESCRIPTION
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you into graphic design in motion? Love typography, title sequences, and animated presentation of information? Take pride in breathing life into static text, titles and UI? Do you strive to evoke excitement and emotion through your work? Are you a creative and collaborative worker who has an unwavering attention to the smallest of details? If so, we’d love to have you join our team.
Our team is looking for a Motion Graphics Artist to work with our talented art department to breathe life and energy into every aspect of the WWE 2K franchise. In the role of Motion Graphics Artist, you’ll drive initiatives to add animation and visual effects to the user interface, create WWE-inspired motion graphics packages to support modes throughout the game, and collaborate with the art team to add a level of polish and sophistication that will help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are committed to building the most diverse team possible, so while a list of qualifications is provided below, please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You’ll Do
- Breathe life into the WWE2K22 User Interface experience through in-engine animation and visual effects
- Using the latest graphic design and animation software, contribute to design exploration and look development in all modes of the game
- Create UI animatics, prototypes and previsualizations, using visual designs of menus, buttons, navigation flows, and animating them in the style of the WWE.
- Create motion graphics packages that emulate the style and energy of the WWE universe
- Collaborate with engineers to establish tools and pipelines that allow for easy implementation and rapid iteration
- Be autonomous; take full ownership of the work and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- 5+ years of professional experience as a motion graphics artist
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of UI/UX conventions and how they apply to motion graphics
- Skilled in Adobe After Effects; experienced with the Adobe Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of animation principals; proficient with animation curve editing
- Ability to create high-quality work in a fast-paced environment and able to incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders from multiple teams
- Organized, excellent communication skills, passion for games, collaborative demeanor
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Experience working in 3D with motion including Maya, Cinema 4D, Element 3D, or other industry standard software
- Game Industry experience with at least one shipped title
- Knowledge of the WWE brand and style