Motion Graphics Artist Intern - League of Legends
21 days ago
As a Motion Graphics Artist at Riot, you'll take the player experience to the next level by creating high-quality motion graphics for our gameplay and systems. Your technical skill for motion and compositing will breathe life into the game, transforming static scenes into powerful moments for players. You will collaborate with other artists and designers to establish how assets and UI elements will respond, transition, and increase player immersion.
Motion Graphics artists on Teamfight Tactics are responsible for bringing the game’s UI to life. We work closely with other disciplines to enhance the player’s experience with things like in-game HUD, ceremonies, battlepass, and more. You will contribute to the game’s development by working with familiar animation tools like After Effects, and new tools like Riot’s proprietary League game engine.
- Work closely with the Visual Design lead and UI team to support in and out of game features
- Be a champion of the TFT x League of Legends motion graphics style
- Use proprietary tools to create animations for TFT
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks remotely in our US based offices
- Authorized to work in the country that you reside in during this remote program
- Animation experience in After Effects with plugins like Trapcode, Element, and DUIK
- Experienced with Photoshop
- Comfortable working in game engines like Unity or Unreal
- Experience with Lottie (After Effects)
- Experience with VFX authoring tools
- Familiarity with Figma
- Familiarity with 3D software (Blender, C4D, Maya)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio.
- Test that your Portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Remote Only) The hourly rate for this internship is USD $34.81.
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.