This job might no longer be available.
1 month ago
The Discord family is looking for a talented 2D Motion Designer for our in-house creative team (AKA Art School) to create fun and compelling videos. You will work with a team of experienced graphic designers, illustrators, motion designers, and copywriters. You may also high-five some people along the way...virtually.
As a member of Art School, you'll help create content to communicate the Discord brand to the world. We are a friendly, collaborative team that focuses on creating high-quality experiences that enhance Discord above everything else. We create memes too.
If you love creating head turning animated videos, you'll fit right in at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Work with our Art Director and Project Managers, and Copywriter to produce compelling videos.
- Create 2D motion design projects - doing all of the creative work from concept to delivery of short form video content - ideating, storyboard, design, animate, render and ship to client.
- Primarily create video content for User Acquisition ads and campaigns.
- Create video content for social media and other internal and external communications.
What you should have
- 3+ years experience as a 2D motion designer in entertainment, gaming, tech, agency or in-house creative teams.
- Strong 2D illustration and animation experience.
- A strong grasp of animation principles.
- A strong understanding of how to create inspiring visual effects.
- Demonstrate creative and technical skills.
- Excellent organization and time management; able to prioritize large volumes of work effectively and efficiently.
- Experience with how to appropriately use effects in video and other mediums and their appropriate spaces.
- Proficient at creating 2D motion graphics using Adobe After Effects.
- Portfolio or reel required with application.
- You can gesture with motion blur
- You can gesture without motion blur
- 3D animation experience is a huge bonus
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.