Motion Capture Technician
16 days ago
JOB TITLE: Motion Capture Technician
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Animator
We are looking for a Technician with an interest in animation. MoCap Technician is responsible for supporting the capture and integration of optically captured 3D motion data by using our proprietary technologies for their resulting quality and functionality in the game.
What You Will Do:
- Work withing the mocap technical team in their tasks: adjusting, calibrating, and maintaining equipment; dressing actors, preparing and document shoots, capture full body performance, monitor video reference, tracking, solving/cleaning, retargeting, quality control on post processes, create markered props, assemble MoCap sets in preparation of shoot days, etc.
- Ensure high quality data capture/data quality assurance during shoots.
- Work with the animation team and actors.
- Search for new solutions and improvements in the process of MoCap.
- When not occupied by MoCap duties – learn both mocap driven and keyframe animations.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Understanding of the physics of human motion with a keen eye for detail and a good grounding in technical knowledge related to the subject matter.
- Proactive with identifying areas for improvement and pursuing solutions for them.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Communicative knowledge of English.
- Interest in Animation and Animation skills improvements
- Experience or understanding of motion capture, animation and processing data in games or film.
- Experience with some MoCap system (Vicon, Optitrack, Xsens, etc.) and software (Blade, Shogun, Motive, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of classic animation principles, body mechanics, acting, posing, and storytelling techniques.
- Basic knowledge of any 3D animation software (Motion Builder, Maya, Blender, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic camera operation, to record film or videos and video editing experience.
- Self-education related to animation and keeping track of new trends in the industry.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in the game industry.
- Knowledge of computer games.
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, …).
- Degree in Computer Animation or related experience.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.