This job might no longer be available.
Motion Capture Technician - Contract
3 months ago
EA’s Los Angeles-based Motion Capture Studio serves the motion capture needs for all of EAs game development teams world-wide. In our state-of-the-art studio we capture a wide spectrum of data types – 3D scanning, virtual cinematography, and motion capture to name a few. As a member of the team you will be directly responsible for supporting various game development teams with the creation of animation content. In this role you will support the integration of motion data by using EA propriety technologies to maintain the highest quality animation possible. Successful candidates will work closely with the animation teams in both post production, and on the live performance stage.
We are looking for a Motion Capture Technician to join our team!
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and will include time onsite at our Los Angeles capture facilities located in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
- Responsible to support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture
- Proficiency in Head Mounted Camera (HMC) acquisition, including setup and quality assurance, for Performance Capture; Understanding of HMC software (i.e. Faceware, Technoprops, etc.) in live production
- On occasion assist the scan acquisition team with acquiring 3d character asset data during modeling sessions
- Perform shoot session tasks of performer calibration, directing performer range of motions, QA’ing recorded asset data.
- Set-up, run and monitor EA’s proprietary tool sets relating to processing motion data
- Work closely w/motion capture and animation leads during the production prep/acquisition/post production phases to maintain visual targets while on-set
- Support performer wardrobe fitting and motion capture marker application
- Collaborates with Capture producers, acquisition team, technical artists and game development teams to provide recommendation, guidance and solutions to best acquire data effectively during shoots
- Conduct character calibration/subject setups used in retargeting motion data
- Contribute and support documenting workflow and pipelines
- Contribute to post-mortems, providing feedback that assists with improving process and data quality
- Assist in supporting tool development initiatives used to increase pipeline efficiency and quality
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Minimum 3 years’ motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Motion Builder or similar 3D animation software experience
- Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
- Works well under the pressures of ‘live’ production environments
- On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are an absolute must
- 3+ years experience with optical Motion Capture systems, Vicon and Motion Analysis favored
- Believe in teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to identify improvements to existing pipelines
- Highly motivated and passionate about their craft