Motion Capture Specialist
10 days ago
As a Motion Capture Specialist, you will be part of a cutting-edge motion capture studio, working at one of the largest performance capture stages in the UK, currently being built at Manchester Studios. The position entails working through the full pipeline, starting with concept and prep, shooting on a live set with incredible performers, capturing full body and facial performances, and delivering top quality motion capture data. At CIG, the Motion Capture team supports everyone’s motion capture needs - for the story and gameplay of Squadron 42 and Star Citizen, as well as for all the beautiful and exciting trailers our marketing department creates.
Our team pushes for the best shoots, the best facilities and the best data we can achieve, and we are looking for someone to join us in our mission.
We are currently open to applicants of all levels of experience.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out -https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Motion Capture Specialists do?
- Support shoot planning and preparation. Operate as part of a team in all aspects of motion capture shoots, including capturing body, assisting with facial capture, reference recording, in-engine real-time operating, as well as markering-up performers and props.
- Manage and maintain the motion capture system. Install/update software and hardware as required. Test systems and troubleshoot issues. Intimately learn our motion capture systems and be involved in regularly upgrading our technology.
- Create solver and retarget setup files to our best practices.
- Solve and clean motion capture data for in-game assets whilst remaining faithful to the performance, utilising shoot reference.
What do we expect from our Motion Capture Specialists?
- Advanced knowledge of MotionBuilder or other equivalent software.
- Experience using Motive or equivalent software.
- Experience working with 3d characters, either using motion capture, hand key animation or rigging.
- Solution-orientated individual with the ability to react to problems quickly and calmly.
- Ability to gather, analyse, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique and willingness to improve.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.