This job might no longer be available.
Human Resource Manager - Motion Capture Studio
Novato CA US
7 months ago
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER - MOTION CAPTURE STUDIO, Petaluma, CA
Who We Are:
Hello! We are 2K Mocap - a lean, efficient Motion Capture studio that produces mocap, audio, and video assets for our developers and clients. We take great pride in our ability to create some of the highest quality media in the games industry at our custom built, state of the art studio. We love the art and technology of Motion Capture, the structure of film production, and work together as a team of true collaborators.
We foster an environment based on honesty, integrity, and the ability to pick one another up. Succeeding together is the source of our strength.
What We Need:
A people centric HR professional for our Petaluma studio to partner closely with 2K Motion Capture management and 2K HR to plan and manage all aspects of human resources and employee development activities. This will include but is not limited to: employee relations, onboarding/offboarding, training and development, workplace safety, benefits and leaves of absence administration, policy compliance, and payroll administration. Serve as an advocate for employees’ needs and ensures employees are being supported. Foster and ensure alignment of external crew members, vendors, celebrity talent and actors with Mocap HR practices and policies.
What You Will Do:
- Partnering with studio leadership to establish and support a strong, positive studio culture and inclusive environment; creates safe space for employees
- Developing, planning, and/or managing employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, employee development and career planning, policy interpretation and compliance, new employee orientation, and employee recognition programs
- Facilitates effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns
- Partnering with 2K Motion Capture management and 2K’s Human Resources Director to communicate employee concerns/requests, anticipate issues, and recommend resolution
- Overseeing and implements safety training and awareness, maintain OSHA logs and manages Workers Compensation administration and claims
- Partnering with 2K Motion Capture management to determine training and development requirements
- Planning and conducts employee orientation activities to foster positive attitude toward studio goals and integration of new hires
- Coordinating employee transfer/relocation activities
- Working closely with legal department to coordinate work permits and visas for any foreign employees/candidates
- Managing company HRIS system, ensuring information is entered in a timely and accurate manner
- Promoting and coordinates studio wellness initiatives
- Responding to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Administering performance review program to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with employment laws and company guidelines
- Maintaining a variety of HR records including but not limited to insurance, performance reviews, government reporting, and employee transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, terminations
- Preparing employee separation notices and related documentation; conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations; provides periodic reports to studio manager and Human Resources Director
- Managing company payroll system, ensuring entries are complete and accurate; works closely with T2 HR team to ensure payroll accuracy and identify/correct any discrepancies.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Experience recruiting is a welcome plus
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field, and 7+ years’ experience in a human resources generalist function or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR / SPHR preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems; Workday experience a plus
- Game industry experience a plus
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, candidates, and managers
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, and safety
- Consistent with a desk job in a normal office environment