Motion Capture Artist
11 days ago
Job Title:Motion Capture Artist
Activision Central Technology’s CTX group is a team of artists, scientists, and engineers who collaborate with Activision studios to develop pioneering workflows and techniques for game content creation. We combine expertise from the game industry and the film industry to advance real-time visuals to levels which were previously exclusive to motion pictures.
You will be part of a Central Technology effort to provide industry best game assets to our upcoming titles.
Your Mission is to work with multiple teams and new technology to build best-in-class character and prop assets and streamline the delivery of these photoreal assets to our games.
- Work with artists, engineers, supervisors, and producers to identify and execute on the asset needs of the games related to modeling and animation.
- Preparing for and attending photo, scan, and motion capture shoots.
- Cleaning, enhancing, and QC-ing raw scan and capture data.
- Managing day-to-day pipeline issues; identifying problems and driving creative solutions to fix them
- Assist in designing, developing and supporting asset creation pipelines and tools which integrate with different specific studio pipelines.
- Jump into both long-term R&D efforts as well as short-term production support as needed.
- This is a great opportunity to influence strong existing brands as well as work on unannounced future games.
- College degree in Animation/CG or equivalent experience in the video game industry with strong modeling/animation portfolio
- Experience with FACS, facial performance animation, motion capture and character rigging
- A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
- Ability to take direction well and address notes
- A passion for developing high quality games
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to innovate.
- Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development.
- Knowledge of Perforce, Jira, Shotgun, or similar for delivery and production tracking.
- Python, HSL, or other scripting experience a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.