15 days ago
Electronic Arts Information Technology (EAIT) group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. We bring creative technology services to each one of these areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA and needs your help to do that.
The challenge ahead:
We are looking to recruit a capable Monitoring and Observability Engineer with automation skills to join our experienced Monitoring Operations team, to support EA IT's global monitoring and observability infrastructure. Reporting to a Senior Manager and working within a supportive team, you will focus on supporting and provisioning modern observability platforms, operational health improvements, oversight of automation tasks, incident response and problem management. You will work and collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams in managing the overall network, to improve existing solutions, while providing guidance to your team and peers.
- What work needs to get done:
- You will administer, maintain, and evolve our observability and monitoring platforms while providing best practices and monitoring solutions to support all our important products and systems. You will use a comprehensive set of tools that provide analytics, alerting, dashboards and remediation which are important for maintaining the health and uptime of our on-premise and cloud applications.
- The Monitoring and Observability Engineers will provide and support a set of platforms for allowing us to observe the behavior and health of all of our systems. You will help reduce the mean time to detect (MTTD) and mean time to repair (MTTR) and introduce standards for ensuring that observability is not an afterthought for new systems.
- What you will make:
- Support Infrastructure-focused monitoring solutions that scale to meet the large variety of devices used within modern IT organizations.
- Develop and maintain data visualization solutions that define clear relationships between large datasets
- Event Management optimization designs
- Deduplication, Correlation, Ticketing
- Build and support monitoring dashboards using log data, metrics, and trace from several sources including Grafana, Graphite, Elastic, Logstash, or Influx DB.
- Work with service owners and other teams on integrations while supporting the onboarding of telemetry data into the observability platform and creating solutions with that data.
- Contribute to the development of best practices for monitoring, logging and tracing.
- Mentor colleagues in the use of new technologies or practices.
- Collaborating with colleagues in Operations, Platform Delivery and IT Services to determine requirements and solutions to solve problems and progress work.
- Participate in problem analysis to prevent recurrence.
- 3+ years of experience with contemporary monitoring, analytics tooling and best practices
- Experience with automation and orchestration platforms such as Ansible.
- Programming experience with Python.
- Experience with widely used CI/CD tools (such as Jenkins), Gitlab workflows, DevSecOps
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms and services: one of AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proficiency with Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with networking technologies and test/simulation tools - TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, NAT, Security Groups, ELBs, VPN technology
- Expertise in common Infrastructure Monitoring services, such as SNMP, Event handling solutions, Syslog Services.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people who combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.