Monetization Specialist - Assassin’s Creed Brand
9 days ago
As a Monetization Specialist - Assassin’s Creed Brand at Ubi Qc, you contribute to the financial success of an online game by setting up and supporting its monetization strategies throughout production and post-launch.
From subscriptions to custom items, you’re responsible for anything with a cost. When it comes to purchasable content and services, you know that value can’t be overlooked. That’s why you take a player-centric approach to monetization design, asking yourself questions like: Is there a balanced range of products? Are their prices reasonable? Are offers displayed at the right place at the right time?
Once live, you stay tuned to how players are responding and adjust accordingly. You evaluate what’s actually happening in and around gameplay and ensure that cross-functional teams understand the realities of how players are interacting with the game you’re collectively creating. You iterate on what’s not working and improve on what is to deliver a fun and fair experience for the long-term.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the monetization director to develop monetization strategies aligned with player expectations and the creative & game directions.
- Work closely with game economy designers to come up with justified pricing for items, events, and services.
- Plan and oversee the content, promotions, and offers of the primary and secondary stores with the digital sales teams.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams (UI, UX, programming, etc.) to implement your monetization systems and features.
- Contribute to defining KPIs & work with the user research team to establish tracking and reporting needs.
- Monitor performance and revenue + share your findings to identify monetization opportunities and influence decision-making.
- Follow up on monetization features and adapt them based on player feedback, reporting results, etc.
- Support esports, licensing, and other business teams in negotiating with external partners.
- Write and maintain documentation that will serve as a reference.
- Stay up to date on trends and techniques to develop monetization best practices + promote them across our studios.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Marketing, Game Design, or equivalent.
- Experience in monetization, economy design, business, or related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + familiarity with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau).
- A collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit.
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility.
- Excellent problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations.
- Familiarity of online gaming communities + an understanding of player behaviour.
- A passion for not only playing video games but also reverse-engineering their revenue systems.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- Please feel free to send us a portfolio of your previous work (attach files or send us a link to your personal website).
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they have just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.