Moderation Incubation Program Manager
17 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Program Manager on our Trust & Safety team, you'll oversee a moderation incubation team to handle new moderation service requests for our product launches. You will work with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, and Design to optimize safety experiences, with an emphasis on implementing scalable moderation best practices and workflows, introducing and fine tuning automation efforts. You will set the standard for moderation principles on behalf of the entire moderation department. You're passionate about structure, organization, and well-run processes. Apart from overseeing the technical requirements and operationalization of new products, you will also improve the internal moderation tooling, which affects more than 2000 agents around the world.
You will report to the Director of Moderation.
- Refine moderation enforcement model for product launches
- Determine the technical requirements for product and engineering regarding moderation tooling and systems, and promote changes to improve operational efficiency
- Assist product teams in determining the global feasibility of new products while moderation processes are being refined
- Ensure the consistency of new development areas by implementing common moderation metrics
- Identify the essential problem areas and geographies affected by the product post-launch
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage and optimize Moderation Incubation program to develop new moderation processes and products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and develop new solutions to enhance our moderation practices
- Develop and implement best practices for incubation, including defining success criteria and metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of new processes and technologies
- Implement projects related to incubation, including project planning, scoping, and resource allocation
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to identify new opportunities for incubation and moderation innovation
- Manage relationships with external vendors and partners
- 4+ years experience in large-scale program management, technical program management, operations, or similar analytical roles in Trust & Safety organizations
- Expertise in using data to inform and support important design and engineering decisions affecting moderation
- An understanding of how to build new, scalable operations across multiple vendors with localization requirements
- Experience working with senior management and executives
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with online community management and moderation tools
- Experience managing relationships with external vendors and partners
- Passion around building safer communities for users of all ages
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$135,510 — $159,870 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.