This job might no longer be available.
Modeller - Customer Engineering - Defence
29 days ago
Are you a problem-solver with a passion for scientific and engineering challenges? Do you want to work on cutting-edge technologies that help people make faster and more informed decisions?
At Improbable we build simulations and digital twins that combine our innovative Skyral® platform with computational modelling, data analytics, and distributed systems. Our customer projects encompass myriad use cases from civilian behaviour modelling to critical national infrastructure to automation within supply chains and logistics.
We are seeking a talented Modeller to join our friendly, relaxed and inclusive team. This role is open to candidates from a wide range of technical backgrounds who have a passion for problem-solving and a desire to work in a collaborative and supportive environment. You'll have the chance to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of scientists, modellers, and software engineers who collaborate closely with our customers to take modelling to the next level.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing models and simulations used in our customer projects. These models typically encode real-life systems and behaviours, allowing users to analyse performance and test different scenarios. We have a broad range of roles and activities, depending on your experience and preferences you may be developing models yourself or productionising prototype models developed by our applied scientists.
- You’ll also be building pipelines to extract, synthesise and integrate data from various sources; building tooling that enables model developers to do their work quicker and better; and profiling and improving the performance of models so that we can reach new levels of speed and scale.
- We divide up ownership across the team, so expect responsibility early on, but the team is large enough that you will be fully supported by colleagues.
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience writing production quality code and adhering to software best practices
- Prior experience applying model and data engineering to solve customer problems
- Experience of mathematical modelling paradigms (e.g. systems dynamics, event-based modelling, agent-based modelling) and associated simulation tools
- Knowledge of Python and tools/libraries for modelling, data analysis and scientific computing (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, SciPy)
- Ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to communicate information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Naturally pragmatic, balancing fast-moving project requirements with quality and good practices
- Ability to think holistically about every aspect of model development, including testing, documentation and performance.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.