13 days ago
At Maxis , we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it’s about amazing our fans. Taking risks, collaborating with each other and daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
The Sims 4 is looking for an Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to optimize a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler you aren’t afraid of working within a technical pipeline and are comfortable problem solving with Animators and Engineers. You are confident enough to run with a task with little oversight but are open to feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report into the Development Director.
- Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
- Model and texture high quality assets.
- Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
- Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years professional experience in art game development
- Proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Strong traditional art skill in drawings or sketches.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
- Good use of light and shadow.
- Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted.
- An understanding of optimization for game engines.
- Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
Nice to have:
- Experience with ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Marmoset, etc.
- Experience rigging models for animation
- Familiarity with The Sims
Candidates must submit a portfolio illustrating their 3D modeling and texturing skill set to be considered for this role.