Modeler - One Year Contract
12 days ago
As a modeler with Ubisoft San Francisco, you will produce all kinds of visual elements related to the environment, either natural or manufactured. You will use both your artistic and technical skills to create the objects that will bring the game environment to life. You regularly ask the opinion of your colleagues to refine your art and develop a solid foundation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with the art leadership to understand the game’s creative and artistic visions
- Transfer assets from various pipelines to Snowdrop
- Rework existing assets to create new versions
- Develop and polish your own models throughout the 3D pipeline (modeling, sculpting, texturing, re-topologizing, UV unwrapping, etc.)
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints to combine aesthetics with technique
- Adapt assets based on feedback from development testers and collaborating teams
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, and ZBrush)
- Solid understanding of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations (poly count, memory, etc.)
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best 3D modeling work. Attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 10 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on innovative new titles with Rocksmith+ and XDefiant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.