10 days ago
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We strive to engage our players on every level with animations that are innovative and fun to watch. We're now looking for a Junior Motion Capture Technician to help out our Animation Team for a 6-month contract.
- Run and process all motion capture data for weekly motion capture sessions
- Export animations for motion capture cleaning
- Prepare and run the motion capture room
- Schedule, coordinate, and markup motion capture actors
- Author documentation for external studios
- Understand the requirements of the game and maintain the animation style of the production title
- Vocalise your obstacles and needs to your supervisor
- Partner up with cinematic animators to support them in the animation process
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Familiarity with Vicon Shogun, Xsens, or similar motion capture systems
- A keen interest in working with motion capture
- Able to collaborate and graciously give and receive feedback
- Self-motivated and proactive participation in game development
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Must already be in the UK and eligible to work in the country/possess any required documents (visa/permit)
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Python or MEL scripting languages
- Has an active interest in video games, particularly in role-playing games
- Solid fundamentals of animation theory, techniques and acting/staging
- Knowledge of production limitations of character and animation pipelines
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.