Mocap Technician (3 month contract)
19 days ago
As a Mocap Technician at Ubi MTL, you’ll ensure motion capture data quality, plus handle and process captured data through to delivery.
What you’ll do
- Assist the Shooting Managers during capture days (preparing the dressing rooms, welcoming and preparing actors and props, maintaining the costumes, etc.);
- Ensure the quality of motion capture data captured throughout the day;
- Process the data in Shogun after the shoot (Tracking);
- Prepare, maintain and repair studio equipment on a daily basis;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the mocap production processes (share tips and tricks found with other team members);
- Perform any other related tasks.
What you bring
- Quality control or passive optical motion capture system experience
- Knowledge of Shogun
- An understanding of mocap features and constraints
- An ability to continuously enhance work methods
- Solid English and French communication skills
- A collaborative and client-centric spirit
- Flexibility that allows you to move from technical, routine work to a wide variety of tasks
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.