Mobile QA Analyst
24 days ago
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschool apps and toys worldwide. We are supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers devoted to play. With over 100 million downloads, three subscription services, and 40+ apps, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
About the Role
As the Mobile QA Analyst on our Sago Mini product team, you will be responsible for creating and executing the QA strategy for the games that are part of our Play games portfolio. This is a role that requires a highly motivated candidate who has experience designing and executing QA strategies for complex cross-platform mobile apps that use in-app purchases and backend web services.
This is a one-year contract opportunity. This role will require you to work from our Downtown, Toronto studio at least one day per week.
You’ll thrive in this role if you…
- Have past experience creating and leading the QA strategy for mobile apps and are well versed with the different QA methodologies and tools of the trade.
- Enjoy fast-paced environments and often experiment with new ways of working.
- Are an exceptional communicator who is comfortable speaking with product owners, developers, and customers.
- Have experience testing apps that use IAPs and, ideally backend web services.
- Can comfortably navigate common developer tools (Xcode/Android Studio, adb, git, TestFlight/Appcenter, Unity, OS X terminal, etc) and QA tools (Jira, TestRail, etc).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading QA testing for multiple games.
- Collaborate with QA members from other teams.
- Play an active role in shaping the product, partnering with the product owner, designers, and developers and acting as the champion for quality.
- Design, write, and maintain all QA related documentation (eg: progress tracking, test plans, test cases, and more).
- Mobilize our external QA vendor to execute your test plans and test cases.
- Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty as you perform your own manual testing.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3 - 5 years of experience in testing mobile applications or games.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Great at gathering information from many stakeholders and filtering to achieve the best solutions.
- Empathy and a desire for a strong understanding of your users.
About the Process
- Once you apply, you'll receive an email confirming that we've received your application. After we've had a chance to review your application (1-2 weeks), we'll reach out to let you know what the next steps are.
- If you are moving ahead, your first interview will be a 30 min interview where we'll learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the role.
- Next, we will ask you to complete a short take-home assignment assessing your technical skills.
- Your third interview will be a 30-minute follow-up call where you can walk us through your solution and answer any questions we have.
- In your fourth and final interview, you meet with a cross-functional group of Sago Mini members. It's a two-part interview where we spend half the time diving into your past experience and the other half asking you scenario based questions so that we can better understand how you approach problem solving.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Based in Toronto, Sago Sago Toys of Spin Master Limited a leading global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.