5 days ago
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is currently seeking a Mobile Programmer to help our team on their next adventure. This person will report to the Lead Game Programmer.
Your daily adventure:
- Analyze and understand video game development needs and assess their feasibility to best serve the production team.
- Review code and asset integration through the different stages of development to ensure the project is always structured and technically under control.
- Support the production functions, tools and system in the development pipeline to see how they could be enhanced to fulfil the intentions of the project: workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins (3DSMax, Maya, source control, etc,), and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.);
- Create automation for build delivery to serve Production and QC needs (internal and external).
- Create complex systems for the needs of the projects, like real time events managers, asset bundles managers, editor tools...
- Analyze and correct defects in the tools, engine and pipelines.
- Identify and solve bottlenecks, reporting risks at a technical level to the lead programmer and other leads.
- Understand the roadmap / implementation of SDKs and how they work.
- Write robust, optimized and maintainable code.
- Document work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the new systems and functions.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- 2 or more years of commercial software development experience or ability to demonstrate a strong level of software development skills amassed through other means.
- Excellent C++, C#, Java, Objective-C and Unity programming skills and experience, as well as advanced knowledge of Unity team workflow and integration pipeline.
- A solid foundation in computer science and software engineering, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Comfortable with maintaining and improving existing solutions.
- Can-do / service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Passion for games and some knowledge of the games industry.
- Good command of English.
- Work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Experience with CI software (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Buildbot).
- Experience in Rest API design
- Experience with game editors, engines and multiple art and animation pipelines.
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + day off in your Ubi-Birthday.
- Flexible Working Hours & Working from Home policy.
- Reduced schedule on August, Easter, Christmas and special dates such Sant Jordi and Sant Joan.
- Flexible compensation with Ticket Restaurant.
- Mobile device grant based on seniority.
- Cigna private Health insurance.
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office.
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events.
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio.
- Great discounts in our games.
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services.
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages.
- Company parties and events.
- Friday’s beers.
- Relocation Package (when needed).
THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 55 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!