Mobile IT Developer
19 days ago
Working in the Global IT Department of Live Games, the members of the Squad team bring in-depth knowledge of specific technical areas. The expertise put forward by the team can be found in several areas ranging from creation to infrastructure security, including container and database management and not forgetting the creation of development synchronization flows.
Through their work, team members provide indispensable support for mobile productions in North, South and Central America. As an IT mobile developer, you will work in a stimulating environment, in constant evolution, and in direct collaboration with the studio's future titles. The challenges you will take consist mainly of implementing solutions to overcome the obstacles encountered by mobile productions or optimizing existing systems to ensure their reliability and robustness and thus provide an ideal gaming experience.
The Squad team's mobile IT developer is an indispensable member who will provide value to mobile game productions and indirectly to the Montreal studio, with the goal of not only advancing Ubisoft, but challenging the industry.
Our team's goal is to build and maintain essential infrastructure and services for mobile game production developers. You will be responsible for:
- Developing the infrastructure, online services and tools that will enable the entire Live Games team to push the boundaries of innovation and evolution;
- Working closely with other team members and partners from design, code reviews and testing to final solution delivery, on a global scale;
- Integrate mobile production solutions with public cloud platforms;
- Design solutions for data storage, system and infrastructure resilience;
- Implement security and protection of data and infrastructure;
- Suggest solutions that promote the continuous improvement of our systems and procedures;
- Gather, understand and analyze the business needs of production and other partners to best serve their interests;
- Elaborate strategies for the development of serverless, high-flexibility cloud application integration and CI/CD deployment workflows;
- Verify and validate that any new implementation is aligned with the needs and objectives of production and remains compatible, current and optimized to the maximum;
- Document all implementations and participate in delivery demonstrations and knowledge sharing between teams.
Education and relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other related field;
- At least 3 years of experience as a developer in the definition and development of complex technical solutions;
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker in an architecture based on microservices;
Knowledge & Skills
- Very good knowledge of current tools and databases (MySql, DynamoDB, MongoDB, REDIS, ElasticSearch, etc.);
- Good knowledge of web architecture and protocols (HTTP, cookies, headers);
- Good knowledge of cloud and CDN technologies (AWS, GCP, AKAMAI, CloudFlair, PlayFab, i3D, etc.);
- Knowledge of client-server architectures, Internet systems and web application security principles;
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (Infrastructure as Code) and tools such as Terraform and Ansible to work in Agile/Scrum mode;
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and automated test frameworks;
- Knowledge of Unity/Unreal rendering engines (an asset);
- Very good collaborative spirit, detail-oriented, focused on the quality of the solutions delivered and respect of delivery deadlines by managing priorities well and focused on customer satisfaction;
- Motivated to learn and experiment new technologies and enjoys taking initiative and solving problems with innovative solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (French/English).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.