This job might no longer be available.
Mobile Game Developer (myVEGAS Games)
7 days ago
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
PLAYSTUDIOS is an award-winning developer of beautiful and engaging games of chance. With content studios in the San Francisco Bay Area, Tel Aviv, and Hong Kong, we craft and care for our collection of top-ranked apps. We are growing quickly and partnering with some of the world’s largest entertainment companies.
PLAYSTUDIOS is seeking an experienced Mobile Game Developer to join the client development team in Burlingame, CA. This role focuses on: creating and extending the mobile client for online slot machine games.
Mobile Game Developer
The Mobile Game Developer will work with Project Managers and Producers to define and scope features, Technical Artists to integrate assets into the system, other client developers to refine feature specifications and implement them in the client, and QA Testers to ensure a high-quality standard of released games. Client development uses a rapid development cycle, with releases going out more than once a month.
We develop Slots Games in Unity C# and Lua. We utilize Github for version control as well as builds and Package Management along with Unity Package Manager to deliver our Game Code and Content to multiple Apps. Our backend stack is C# .Net Core and while your main responsibilities are to the client code, some backend development is required by the Mobile Game Developer to launch your game.
- Actively participate in the feature development process, engaging the team and resolving issues
- Work directly with talented designers and artists to ensure the smooth development of quality products
- Work with producers to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines
- Manage development time to ensure features go out with fast, reliable cadence
- Architect and implement game logic and interface with data services
- Integrate 3rd party SDKs and services into a reusable framework for multiple clients
The Mobile Games Developer will report directly to the Hiring Manager
- Current, advanced knowledge of mobile game development in Unity3d (2017 and up) using C#
- 5+ years industry experience building popular mobile apps or games at scale
- Shipped and maintained at least one mobile game
- In-depth experience building, profiling, and debugging to device (iOS, Android, etc)
- Superior communication and organization skills, flexibility and the ability to build high quality products
- Strong debugging and analytical skills
- Experience consuming asynchronous network APIs, and understanding of server-authoritative design
- Degree in CS/Engineering (or equivalent) preferred
- Casino gaming domain knowledge
- Lua programming experience
- C/C++/Obj-C programming experience
- Passion for software framework design
- Familiarity with agile/scrum processes
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Has written or maintained Packages in a Package Manager framework (UPM,NPM, Etc)
- 3rd-party API integration (Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc.)
- Apple, Google, Amazon App Store integration, including In-App Purchase with server-side validation
- Experience with Unity’s IL2CPP generated code
- Understanding size limitations on mobile devices, and optimizations/workarounds for them
- Unity3d plug in architecture
- Content delivery and management via CDN
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Health Benefits coverage for you and your dependents!
- Flexible in-office days on our 3 days a week in-office schedule
- Open, creative office space with inviting outdoor patios
- Fully-stocked kitchen and communal dining areas
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events throughout the year
- Commuter Benefits program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Location, location, location! Right across from Bart in Millbrae
- Free employee parking
- A great place to work! Come by to find out for yourself!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team and bring our exciting games to even more fans worldwide.
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.