3 days ago
Lumosity is an online brain training program with over 100 million users and 6 billion games played. We aim to help members worldwide to unlock their full potential, feel more confident and live their best lives. Lumos Labs is located in the SoMa area of San Francisco.
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer to contribute to the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a large number of Web and Mobile users.
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. We are looking for people who desire collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product development.
You are a curious and motivated mobile engineer that wants to solve challenging problems of scale, usability, and developer productivity. You have the ability to learn technology stacks and identify areas to improve the end user’s experience.
- A high-impact environment where you consistently ship features that benefit our customers
- To work closely and collaboratively in a multi-functional Agile team that includes Product Managers, Web Developers, Mobile Developers, and Quality Engineers
- To improve yourself as an engineer
- To help teammates learn and grow
- Build features that benefit our customers on both iOS and Android platforms
- Work together with Mobile teammates and other departments in an Agile fashion
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to specify high impact features (folks from Product, Marketing, User Experience, Design, and more)
- Design, build, and maintain performant, reusable, scalable, and reliable code
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Contribute to efforts to maintain code quality
- Work with our embedded QA team to help ensure quality with every release
- Break down work into manageable pieces and recommend ways to parallelize the implementation effort
- Behave as a technical resource for parts of the code you are familiar with
- Offer input into team process discussions
- Proactively help teammates when needed
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Experience developing applications on Android and iOS
- The ability to build relatively complex Mobile features because you’ve been doing it for quite a while (think custom components, multithreading, object oriented programming, and architecture patterns like MVP or MVVM)
- The desire to collaborate with others in the company to help define what we need to build and how we will build it
- An understanding of the use of code versioning systems
- The desire to mentor teammates to raise the level of the whole team
- A mindset where you feel that we can only accomplish our goals together
- Comfort around developing software that needs to run on many different screen sizes and densities
- A collaborative culture where promotion from within is encouraged.
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, and workshops.
- Education budget for conferences, professional and skill development. Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Flexible time off
- Equinox gym reimbursement (or $ towards the gym or classes of your choice).
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner if you work late.
- Weekly happy hours and bi-monthly movie nights. Game room with Smash tournaments, tons of board games, ping pong, chess, and Legos.
- Team off-sites (past excursions include archery, rafting, indoor skydiving).
- Passes to SFMOMA (and a view of their sculpture garden from our office!).
We are excited to meet all kinds of different people! If you don’t match our list of requirements exactly and you feel we should get to know you, please feel free to submit your application.
Tell us your story! We’d love to hear more than what’s in your resume, so before you click the Submit Application button, please add a note in the Additional Information field. We don’t want to take a whole lot of your time so don’t write something very long. We just want to give you this opportunity to let us know a little something extra about you.