This job might no longer be available.
Senior Mobile Engineer
San Francisco, CA
3 months ago
Lumosity is an online brain training program with over 100 million users and 6 billion games played. We aim to help members worldwide to unlock their full potential, feel more confident and live their best lives. Lumos Labs is located in the SoMa area of San Francisco.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Mobile Engineer to contribute to the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a large number of mobile users.
You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of our mobile applications. We are looking for people who desire collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product development.
You are a curious and motivated mobile engineer that wants to solve challenging problems of usability, scale, and developer productivity. You have the ability to learn new technology stacks and identify areas to improve the end user’s experience.
- A high-impact environment where you consistently ship features that benefit our customers
- To work closely and collaboratively in a multi-functional Agile team that includes Product Managers, Web Developers, Mobile Developers, and Quality Engineers
- To improve yourself as an engineer
- To help teammates learn and grow
- Build features that benefit our customers on both iOS and Android platforms using Objective-C, Swift, Java and/or Kotlin
- Work together with Mobile teammates and other departments in an Agile fashion
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to specify high impact features (folks from Product, Marketing, User Experience, Design, and more)
- Design, build, and maintain performant, reusable, scalable, and reliable code
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Contribute to efforts to maintain code quality
- Work with your engineering team to help ensure quality with every release
- Break down work into manageable pieces and recommend ways to parallelize the implementation effort
- Behave as a technical resource for parts of the code you are familiar with
- Offer input into team process discussions
- Proactively help teammates when needed
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- Experience developing applications on Android and iOS in Objective-C, Swift, Java and/or Kotlin
- The ability to build relatively complex Mobile features because you’ve been doing it for quite a while (think custom components, multithreading, object oriented programming, and architecture patterns like MVP or MVVM)
- The desire to collaborate with others in the company to help define what we need to build and how we will build it
- An understanding of the use of code versioning systemsThe desire to mentor teammates to raise the level of the whole team
- A mindset that we can only accomplish our goals together
- Comfort around developing software that needs to run on many different screen sizes and densities
- A collaborative culture where growth from within is encouraged
- Regular creative learning sessions, skill shares, forums, guest speakers, and workshops
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development
- Competitive benefits (options for individual and/or family medical, dental and vision plans, commuter benefits, parental leave, One Medical membership and much more!)
- Flexible time off
- Gym and cell phone reimbursement
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner when you work late
- Fun social events such as board game nights, work anniversary celebration, weekly happy hours, and quarterly company-wide events
- Team lunches and off-sites (past excursions include creative retreats, cooking classes, escape rooms, and terrarium building)
- We recognize family is important, we host a Bring Your Child to Work Day as well as other kid-friendly offsite events
- We empower employees to give back to our community and our CSR team hosts volunteer events year round
We are excited to meet all kinds of different people! If you don’t match our list of requirements exactly and you feel we should get to know you, please feel free to submit your application.
Tell us your story! We’d love to hear more than what’s in your resume, so before you click the Submit Application button, please add a note in the Additional Information field. We don’t want to take a whole lot of your time so don’t write something very long. We just want to give you this opportunity to let us know a little something extra about you.