Mobile Brand Manager
8 days ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory , Mabinogi and Vindictus , which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Brand Manager is responsible for the planning, management and execution of the marketing for all of Nexon America’s titles. This includes product positioning, budgeting, periodic business analysis and running the advertising. He or she must be self-motivated and prepared to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The individual must have in-depth knowledge of the online game market and experience in marketing online games .
- Develop and manage the Marketing Strategy to promote and cultivate Nexon’s brands; organize and manage events and exhibitions to promote Nexon’s Games and its brands
- Partner with global stakeholder groups and overseas territory teams to ensure alignment on marketing strategy and campaign components.
- Develop, field and analyze product and consumer research; assess, improve and optimize ongoing media and CRM campaigns; identify and advocate for incremental opportunities for Nexon’s games
- Coordinate and collaborate with PR, Social, Community, and Development
- Manage outside agencies and vendors for production of advertising, promotional materials, trailers and other marketing materials
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 3+ years experience in Product Marketing and/or Brand Management roles
- Experience bringing games to market, including building compelling marketing plans, creating/improving a brand, working with internal groups and/or external agencies
- Capable of devising exceptional presentations, cutting-edge marketing strategies, and iconic creative backed up by the insightful market and player analysis
- Leads by example with an ability to build long-term relationships with key internal stakeholders and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Building and maintaining relationships with external business partners, platform partners, and marketing agencies
- Application of critical thinking and analysis to projects and workflow
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- A results-driven personality who is self-motivated and consistently delivers high-quality work despite managing multiple projects
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Mobile & Digital marketing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office & Google Suite experience (Required)
- JIRA, Confluence, and/or other project management tools (Preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of the Mobile game market/games as a service model, and understanding of virtual goods
- Results-driven personality that is self-motivated, well organized, and consistently delivers high-quality work
- Excellent eye for innovative creativity and ways to stand out in a crowded digital landscape
- Ability to execute on a wide variety of concurrent projects on schedule in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills
- Constantly looking for ways to learn and improve without missing deadlines despite managing sometimes large and often very complex projects
- Must be self-motivated, have a team player mentality, and carry a positive attitude
- Passion for entertaining people and excited to be part of a team that works the same way.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.