Mobile Apps Localisation Specialist II - German Bilingual (12-month FTC)
12 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Mobile Apps Localisation Specialist II
- Job Summary: The Mobile Apps Localisation Specialist II role requires a native speaker of German with proven ability to edit, review and proofread text for mobile game-related material and review its implementation. The position requires an excellent command of German, alongside an eye for detail. This is a 12-month Fixed-Term Contract.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Editing, reviewing and proofreading of mobile game-related material, with a specialisation in mobile app updates (GaaS / Live-Ops).
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise, as well as compliance to brand guidelines.
- Overseeing the QA process for mobile game-related material and implement changes as needed.
- Collaborating with other languages in order to keep high level of standards and quality across all languages.
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Native level language skill of German, and fluent English language skill.
- Knowledge of local culture for German.
- Excellent attention for details, ability to understand how different tasks can interact, handling of existing glossaries.
- Proficiency in MS Office Package, especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn new processes and software.
- Knowledge of advanced mobile phone usage (command line operations, apk/ipa installation) is a plus.
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task and work under pressure (unpredictable schedules, tight deadlines).
- Good team-player and strong communication skills.
- Passion for video games, preferably for the Pokémon brand. Experience in the industry a strong plus.
- Preferably two years' experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in German while handling multiple tasks in an organised manner.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between £39,000.00 - £46,550.00 . The full range is £39,000.00 - £59,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.