Mission Design & Balancing – Unreal Engine 5
27 days ago
Want to be part of an exciting new game made in Berlin, Germany? Got what it takes to support our team with Mission Design & Balancing? Then send us your application now!
Elysium Game Studio is an innovative and growing game developer using Unreal Engine 5 to develop for PS5, Xbox Series X and PC.
Our current project is called NEO BERLIN 2087 – a unique, First- and Third-Person Action-RPG and a deep, cinematic detective thriller that takes place in a dark future vision of Berlin in the year 2087.
The game has already improved since our last trailer at Gamescom 2023, and you can help us push its quality even further.
This is a unique opportunity to work on something amazing and meaningful – something that will leave a mark on the German and international games market.
Quality is a part of our gaming culture, with a focus on narrative, emotional storytelling and innovative gameplay.
If you want to be a part of a new, big IP, apply to us with links to your portfolio or video footage from your previous projects.
- Design immersive, unique and fun to play missions based on the script and Game Design Document for integration in Unreal Engine 5.
- Conceptualize and implement gripping second to second gameplay scenarios.
- Improve existing gameplay and missions while keeping the vision intact.
- Account for genres like 1st & 3rd Person Shooter, Stealth, Investigations and Puzzles.
- Adjust missions and game balance based on feedback from Playtesters and the Game Director.
- Work with other team members to ensure all required resources for missions are scheduled and delivered.
- Implement and test the missions to improve and balance them as well as fine tune gameplay variables for an optimal player experience.
- Show a strong passion for making high quality state-of-the-art games and a willingness to learn new skills based on the specific needs of our project.
- Experience as a Mission Designer and with Balancing in the video game industry with at least 1 shipped title in one of the following genres – 1st or 3rd Person: Shooter, Stealth, Action or Adventure.
- Expertise in Unreal Engine, Mission Design & Balancing.
- You’re able to quickly tackle tasks, using the existing assets to create gripping missions – like a video game version of MacGyver.
- You are a good listener, quick on the uptake and able to interpret/clarify creative challenges and visions.
- Ability to describe and visualize concepts in a way that’s clear for other team members.
- Initiative, responsible time management skills and the ability to iterate quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to identify and combat issues proactively.
- Strong understanding of relation between environment design, gameplay and player behavior.
- Knowledge of competitors, different game genres and a very good, personal understanding of Video Game Fun.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of mission design and balancing, ability to analyze strengths and weaknesses of recent games.
- Creativity and a trained eye for detail.
- Deep passion for games.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be a part of an innovative and growing start-up in the video game industry, where you help us develop a new game for the next-gen consoles PS5, Xbox Series X and PC.
- Also: Creative freedom.
- Attractive working environment in Berlin, Germany.
- Open company culture.
- Help to find an apartment and much more!
You got the skills for that? If yes, we want you! Anyone can apply to work for us, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, worldview, race, whether you’re an orc, a cyborg, or anything else.
We are a motivated team – innovative work with passion is our top priority. With us, you will always have good vibes and a lot of fun at work.
If you are looking for something different, something exciting and a chance to flex your creative muscles, then we have just the right thing for you in a relaxed working atmosphere.
A Trailer and more information about the project can be found on our website
(just copy the link into your browser)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.