Middle Front End Engineer (Contractor Role) - Open to Romania
7 days ago
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you.
Arkadium is seeking an exceptional Middle Front-End Engineer to join our development team building a premier platform for web games. You and your team are responsible and accountable for Arkadium.com and our daily players. A product focused, technically skilled programmer, who can deliver features, and collaborate with talented team to achieve great success is our ideal candidate.
This role is open to candidates based in Romania and will be 100% remote.
Business hours are 9-18 WEST (UTC+1).
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Deep understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with state management systems (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiar with up-to-date EcmaScript specifications
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to conduct technical analysis and optimization
- Confident working with code versioning systems (We use GIT)
- Experience with Azure / ADO would be a big plus
- Ability to write unit tests. Familiar with TDD
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of English Upper-Intermediate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Development of new user-facing features on React.js
- Creating Reusable Components and Libraries
- Translation of design into high-quality code
- Optimizing component performance across most web browsers and devices.