Mid to Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
19 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Mid to Senior Machine Learning Engineer
San Mateo, California
We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment and power 112 million users globally.
Do you want to join a Machine Learning team committed to personalizing the PlayStation experience for hundreds of millions of users? The work we do delivers impactful insights to build an increasingly dynamic and interactive experience! The Machine Learning Engineers within the platform engineering group will deliver optimized interactions across PlayStation experiences and systems by designing, coding, training, documenting, cost-effectively deploying and evaluating very large-scale machine learning systems.
We are looking for someone who can build delightful products and experiences for millions, in an agile environment, collaborating with teams-across Engineering and Product. Further, you will be immersed in ground breaking ML technologies, tools and processes, as you help to advance our technical objectives and architectural initiatives.
- Design and develop various machine learning and deep learning models and systems for high impact consumer applications ranging from content personalizations, search, information extraction to online safety, virtual assistant, time series forecasting and more.
- Work with a broad spectrum of state of the art machine learning and deep learning technologies, in the areas of recommendation systems, natural language processing, reinforcement learning, time series forecasting.
- Create metrics and configure A/B testing to evaluate model performance offline and online to inform and convey our impacts to diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of technical members and non-technical members in architecture, design and code reviews.
- Be a technical leader, by mentoring junior members, leading the architecture and design of projects, and the strategy of specific machine learning areas of the organization.
- Analyze and produce insights from a large amount of dynamic structured and unstructured data using modern big data and streaming technologies
- Produce reusable code according to best practices in Python, Scala or Java
- Masters degree in CS/Statistics/Data Science, with a specialization in machine learning or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Python, and Scala or Java
- Experience in developing large-scale ML models and data pipelines.
- Industry work experience in designing and implementing machine learning-based solutions that ideally include: recommender systems, search engines, personalization, time series forecasting, conversational systems, and A/B testing.
- Strong machine learning, statistical knowledge
- Experience with Spark, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus.
- Proficient with Machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, MLlib.
- Familiarity with standard methodologies in large-scale DL training/Inference.
- Experience in cloud-based environments, such as AWS.
- Experience working with custom ML platforms.
- Experience in building and maintaining online customer-facing microservices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and promote diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.