Mid-level Game Programmer (c++)
5 months ago
Paradox Development Studio is looking for a C++ Game Programmer to build features and game systems on top of our in-house engine for Grand Strategy Games such as Stellaris, Europa Universalis and Imperator: Rome. You will be a fundamental part of creating fun and rich strategy games that keep players engaged for years.
About the Role
As a Game Programmer you will be working in a small team solving challenging problems using C++. You will be developing features and systems alongside designers and artists that fundamentally shape the games we release. Our developers have a high level of ownership over their work and it’s important that you can plan and manage your work efficiently.
Our cross-discipline teams are excited to collaborate regularly and work together to craft the best possible experiences. As such, you should be good at cooperating with people while also being passionate about games. Our company culture revolves around being dedicated, nerdy, open-minded and getting-shit-done and if you think those words describe you - you should drop us a line!
As a Game Programmer you will…
- Build and maintain well-engineered C++ code with high levels of stability and performance.
- Design and implement features in at least 2 different focus areas such as gameplay systems, AI, networking, graphics, user interface, our scripting language and optimization.
- Solve interesting problems, from designing and building new systems from scratch to optimizing features to be both performant but scriptable.
- Collaborate daily with, and estimate tasks for other programmers, designers and artists.
- Continue to level-up as a programmer by sharing knowledge through internal workshops and giving / receiving guidance and feedback with other programmers.
- Good understanding of modern C++.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with C++.
- Good debugging skills.
- Passion for video games.
- A sense of independence and an ability to take long-term ownership of your features.
- Ability to estimate your tasks and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Comfortable communicating with English, both written and spoken.
Paradox Development Studio
At Paradox Development Studio we enjoy working close to our products and our fans and our developers regularly interact with players through forums and events, such as PDXCon. We think it’s important to get to know our colleagues so we end each Friday with a social hour at 4pm where we embrace our nerdy culture by chatting over a beer or breaking out into meeting rooms with board games and old video game consoles. Paradox consists of employees from all around the globe and we’re happy to offer relocation support for people applying from outside of Sweden.
To find out more about Working at Paradox, please click here.
Scope: Fulltime and permanent
Reports to: Programmer Manager
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.