Mid-Senior UI/UX Designer, Overwatch
6 days ago
Job Title:Mid-Senior UI/UX Designer, Overwatch
The Overwatch team is looking for an accomplished UI/UX designer with several years of experience creating engaging and immersive user interfaces. The work will be at the core of our player experience, from the intro screen to the in-game HUD. Our ideal candidate will understand the project vision and create user experiences that will be both intuitive and stay true to the visual identity of the game.
We will be asking you to work within our very collaborative team to create concepts and take them from a UX flow all the way to in-game UI. You will be working closely with other UI/UX designers, system & gameplay designers, engineers and design/art leads to create awesome features for Overwatch.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create concepts, flows, layouts, mock-ups and prototypes
- Collaborate with artists, engineers, and designers to create, implement a polished and fluid interface, leading to great user experience
- Design awesome game interfaces that complement and develop the Overwatch style
- Work together with the team throughout the design process, gathering actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in UI/UX design, including some experience on AAA title(s)
- Experience creating UI for multiple platforms – PC, consoles
- Understanding of the distinctive Overwatch visual style and a drive to push it to the next level
- Create and maintain UX wireframes and flows with Figma, XD, or other prototyping tools
- Create polished visual designs using Adobe Creative Suite (eg. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with front-end implementation (e.g., XAML, HTML5)
- Able to communicate the UI/UX process effectively
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment while helping others
- Passion for playing and making games
- Proficient in After Effects, Adobe Animate, or other motion graphic tools
- Experience working in 3D
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UI/UX designer
- Can apply an existing aesthetic to your layouts and prototypes
- Experience in designing UI/UX for multiplayer games
- Knowledgeable about online gameplay and first-person shooters
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic and design skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete a UI/UX test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.