Mid/Senior UI Artist
16 days ago
Job Title:Mid/Senior UI Artist
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an UI Artist to work with the Hearthstone team on new and exciting content for our players. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, this individual ’ s many talents and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone. If you wish to be a part of a small, close-knit team of UI artists and UI designers whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about, then we want to talk with you! Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for an experienced, creative, and artistically talented UI Artist for Hearthstone. The UI Artist will work closely with the UI art lead and the rest of the UI team to conceptualize and execute finished textures and paintings for the interface for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Understand and build upon Hearthstone's visual identity and design language
- Create sketches, concepts, and finished artwork for UI such as icons, buttons, frames, pop-ups, storyboards for UI transitions, etc.
- Apply and maintain a consistent look and feel for Hearthstone’s UI
- Work collaboratively with a team of UI Designers, 2D/3D Artists, and iterate using feedback to drive and polish features to a high-quality state
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a 2d/UI/visual Artist in the entertainment industry
- Awareness of current trends in user interface art for games
- Strong visual design and illustration skills
- Able to work well with a team in a cross-discipline, collaborative, fast-iterative setting
- A passion for video games and art
- Experience working in 3D
- Experience creating UI art for mobile
- Passion for Hearthstone, table-top games, other Blizzard titles, and gaming in general
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if required to do so