Mid - Senior Technical Artist
8 days ago
Omeda Studios are a remote-first game studio working on our first title Predecessor, a fast-paced third-person MOBA for PC and consoles, due for release in 2022. Join a rapidly growing game studio as we scale up to support and deliver content for a game designed to be played for years to come.
As a studio founded by the community, developing games that players will love is truly at the heart of what we do. At Omeda Studios, we believe that community feedback is integral to the development of games that players will not want to put down.
Having recently closed a $20m Series A funding round, we've populated the studio with an exciting mix of industry veterans and community talent and we want you to be a part of shaping and executing our vision and the challenges that await us.
In This Role You Will
- Create and maintain Blueprints, Animation Sets, Materials, Character Models and Physics Assets
- Work closely with game animators, artists, designers, and programmers to help bring the heroes within Predecessor to life.
- Solve technical challenges blocking Animation, Rigging, FX, and Tools.
- Improve and help establish pipelines & best practices for content teams.
- Troubleshoot existing tech and support incoming tech.
- Work with multiple teams throughout the pipeline and be a point of contact for troubleshooting and implementation within the engine.
- Work with artists to create materials, textures, and shaders for Character related content such as skins
What We're Looking For
- Mid to senior level of professional Technical Art experience in the game industry
- Strong understanding of current content creation suites such as Maya, 3DSMax, and Substance tools
- Good understanding of real-time rendering and shaders
- Experience within the Unreal Engine
- Have strong technical problem-solving skills that allow for quick project execution
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, well organized, and able to multitask
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have
- Abilities in secondary areas such as Animation, Lighting, Modelling, or VFX
- Experience working with and knowledge of current-generation console hardware
- Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Passionate about MOBAs
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- More to come!