Mid-Senior Graphics Programmer
21 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is looking for a Mid-to-Senior Level Graphics Programmer to join our Core team, responsible for our studio's game engine and tools. If you have experience and interest in working with novel rendering techniques, material shader design and programming, low-level architecture and optimization, or cutting-edge lighting systems, we'd love to hear from you.
Insomniac's Core team is responsible for our industry-leading technical foundation for triple-A game development. We develop tools and technology to build and power titles like Marvel's Spider-Man, Stormland, and Ratchet & Clank. As a principle, we strive to be open and generous in sharing our advancements with the game development community through conference presentations and public posting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Designs and develops new engine technology for the production of current and future games
• Designs and implements efficient low-level systems to support higher-level programmers & pipelines
• Maintains and supports existing game engine technology while in use by production teams
• Rethink, refactor, and rewrite existing systems as necessary
• Contributes innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
• Works proactively with lead to identify technical risks and generate solutions
• Works independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
• Provides technical leadership and tutelage in areas of specialization
• Advises and mentors programmers both within and external to area of expertise
• Keeps current with the technological developments and advancements in the game industry
• Analyzes code for performance and optimization opportunities
• Documents functionality and implementation details for production and other engineers
• Demonstrates exceptional communication abilities, both written and verbal, for purposes of collaboration, education, and mentorship
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or seven years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience. (Dependent upon level of role)
• At least 3 years of graphics-related professional experience
• Fluency in C++, and experience with C and assembly programming
• Strong grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine and graphics programming
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$113,200 — $169,800 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.