This job might no longer be available.
Mid/Senior Animator, Unannounced Project
Irvine, CA, United States
1 month ago
Our team at Blizzard is seeking an exceptional Senior Animator to lend their talents to an unannounced mobile project.
The ideal candidate has a passion for both animation and game development, with experience animating a diverse array of characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The animator must be well-versed in related tools—3DS Max, Maya, etc. You must have extensive experience as an animator on one or more successful AAA Games and/or mobile games and enjoy working on a highly collaborative team of peers as passionate about making great games as you are.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in game development animating characters using 3DS Max or Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Exceptional skills in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software, such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Able to communicate effectively with other artists, designers, engineers
- Detail-oriented, with strong problem solving abilities
- Passion for playing and making games, especially game styles similar to those found in Blizzard games.
- Experience with mobile development
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard games
- Experience with the Unity engine
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover Letter (PDF Preferred)
- Reel demonstrating animation skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- An animation test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!