Mid/Senior 3D Artist (Generalist), Unannounced Project
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
1 month ago
Job Title:Mid/Senior 3D Artist (Generalist), Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and well-rounded mid/senior 3D artist to join us on an unannounced project.
For this opportunity, we are looking for a creative, agile and passionate 3D modeler who has a strong sense of asset readability in the context of mobile gameplay. Our team is smaller in size but big on ambition and we’re hoping to find someone who is comfortable with multi-discipline 3D modeling work.
The primary workload will involve creating beautiful 3D environment art but having the ability to take assets from concept ideation to final model completion will be a big plus. Experience with switching between the needs of several workflow pipelines (environment, prop, and character art) will also empower our ability to create the most engaging experience possible. Lastly, a collaborative mindset with great communication skills are qualities we look for in a teammate who can help create a united vision for a mobile project that can capture the fun and immersive standard that we hope to achieve with every Blizzard experience!
If you feel you could be a great fit for this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update : We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in professional game development as a 3D modeling artist
- High proficiency level with Maya (preferred), 3DS Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Experience making aesthetically beautiful and performant 3D game assets
- Experience with game art optimization (using mesh topology, sculpting, and texture methods)
- Strong collaborative skills with multiple groups in game development (design, engineering, production, QA)
- A passionate, positive, and problem-solving mindset for game development
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- Experience with mobile game development
- 2D concepting skills
- Experience shipping a game (any platform)
- Knowledge and familiarity with Blizzard’s art styles
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Online portfolio of professional 3D work (personal work is also a plus)
- Must be willing to take an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Team Name:Unannounced Project