Mid-Level or Associate Combat Designer, Unannounced Project
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
9 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Mid-Level or Associate Combat Designer, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate mid-level or associate combat designer with FPS design experience to design and implement mechanics for an unannounced multiplayer project. In this role, you will rapidly prototype new gameplay in pursuit of intuitive mechanics and satisfying feel.
The ideal candidate will excel at analyzing combat feel and can demonstrate strong technical skills.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Analyze, pitch, prototype, balance, and develop core combat and moment-to-moment mechanics/systems for an unannounced project.
- Advocate for feel, feedback, and intuitive mechanics for all aspects of moment-to-moment play.
- Develop creative concepts and drive them to completion.
- Leverage technical experience to implement systems inside a proprietary design tool.
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple disciplines.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, and trending audio-visual excellence.
- Ability to communicate design vision and to align vision within the team.
- Broad, extensive player experience with FPS and action games, both single-player and online.
- Demonstrable programming or scripting skills.
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends.
- Experience with versatile game development tools such as Unity and Unreal.
- Previous work on combat mechanics.
- Resume which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work.
- Cover letter which must include: (Recommended)
- Why you are interested in joining Blizzard Entertainment?
- What games you are currently playing?
- What games have you put the most time into?
*Only submittals with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.