Mid-Level / Senior UI / UX Designer
3 days ago
We are a mixture of remote and hybrid working. Our primary location and only hybrid office is in London and we have remote teams across locations globally which overlap well with the GMT time zone.
- Able to overlap with the GMT UK timezone and hours of 10am - 5pm
- Our common company language is English and applicants must be able to communicate in this language fluently
- Must be able to travel to London for in-person company events/workshops 2-5 times a year without a requirement of a visa or long-haul travel
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our multidisciplinary design team, crafting innovative features for the future of mobile fashion games.
You will work from design concepting through to interface delivery of game features: working with game designers and PMs to outline the spec, create user flows and wireframes. You will collaborate with engineers and artists to make your experiences come to life in Unity, and ship these to millions of users. this role you can expect to be working all the way from sketches and (digital) whiteboards through to prototypes, animation and high-fidelity UI screens. Designers at Drest are T-shaped, with broad knowledge of the product design process while having something they really excel at- whether it’s qualitative research, prototyping or icon design!
We're looking for a player-centered designer who’s passionate about mobile games- bonus if you’ve got experience in agile environments, the fashion industry or app development teams. We like to move fast, test things and get stuck in together to build the world's top mobile fashion game, while keeping our players at the core of what we do.
What you will do..
- Work with game designers to translate concepts into user flows and wireframes
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation to clearly convey design ideas and direction
- Present and pitch designs to key stakeholders
- Develop the look and feel of the UI in collaboration with the Head of UI/UX, advocating for design consistency, functionality and accessibility throughout the product
- Work closely with engineering team to ensure proper implementation of your designs
- Grow knowledge of industry design trends and best practices
- Stay up to date on the fashion and lifestyle gaming market and competitors’ titles.
What you will bring…
- 3+ years’ experience working in a design role
- A portfolio demonstrating stylish visual and interaction design skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex designs into clear wireframes and user flows
- Experience in Figma, Sketch or similar prototyping and mockup tools
- Love for creative collaboration and ability to take constructive criticism
- Knowledge of UX design processes
- Ability to present your ideas thoughtfully in both written and visual format
- Interests in Fashion and Games is a strong plus
Bonus points if you have…
- Demonstrated experience of released products as a UI/UX designer - games or lifestyle apps preferred
- Worked on games targeted at a female audience
- Experience working on games in which players can create content
- Experience working as part of a development team
- Interest in luxury design and fashion
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
More About DREST
DREST is the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle & styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are an award-winning fast-growth digital platform led by industry experts from the tech, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds.
Centered around gamification, entertainment and creativity, DREST combines state-of-the-art technology with in-game fashion discovery, styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time content feed reflecting the daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our mission is to open up the fun, fantasy and creativity of the exclusive world of fashion, lifestyle and luxury to all via social gaming. By doing this, we are creating new and meaningful communications for one of the most exciting and impactful industries in the world through the application of gaming and proprietary technology and seminal art and design.
The leader in the development of luxury, lifestyle & beauty games, DREST partners with the very best of luxury brands worldwide including Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Burberry, Cartier, Breitling, Fenty, Armani, NARS and Bang & Olufsen amongst 250 others. DREST’s e-commerce partner is Farfetch, the world’s leading luxury fashion marketplace where everything one plays with is shoppable in real life. Named by Fast Company as one of ‘The Most Innovative Gaming Companies’ in the world (2021) DREST is forging ahead in this groundbreaking gaming genre.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves on our multiculturalism & diversity. We hire from the exciting worlds of gaming, tech, luxury fashion & lifestyle bringing a variety of perspectives closer together with the aim of creating inclusive, dynamic, equitable & original products tailored to our audiences around the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.