Mid-Level DevOps Engineer
4 days ago
We are a mixture of remote and hybrid working. Our primary location and only hybrid office is in London and we have remote teams across locations globally which overlap well with the GMT time zone.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team at Drest. You should have a solid Dev(Sec)Ops background and maintaining and automating complex cloud infrastructure systems should be your bread and butter. You get excited about new technology and how it can be used and applied to day to day tasks. You already have experience supporting applications in the cloud with IaC along with monitoring and maintaining living documents. This role will be a great role for those wanting to increase their experience/skills in the cloud by helping design and implement new services in the cloud.
You will work closely with engineers and developers across the business to assist with designing and implementing the required infrastructure to support the business needs through IaC. You will play a key role in ensuring all work conforms to existing standards, along with defining new standards and processes. Additionally, you will help pioneer our Unity project and the backend that will support the frontend game as we scale up our user count.
What you will do..
- Develop tools and processes that drive and improve the customer experience
- Build and innovate to replace manual processes with automation
- Manage and deploy scalable service-based application stacks
- Monitor systems and identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and suggest improvements
- Maintain technical documentation (e.g. configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures)
- Participate in post-mortem and root cause analysis
- Assist with the evaluation of new requirements
- Troubleshoot emergency situations (must be able to be on-call as required)
- Work closely with the development team on new features that require infrastructure changes
- Advise the development team on the best tools and services to use to implement features
- Keep up to date on and recommend new services and products that could improve Drest’s workflows and processes
- Identify and resolve issues in collaboration with other disciplines
What you will bring..
- Professional experience as a Devops Engineer / Linux Sys admin
- Extensive working knowledge of AWS required (AWS Certifications welcome). Some of the services we use are:
- API gateway
- Experience and understanding of designing and developing scalable, robust and highly available infrastructure
- Great understanding of Networking Fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS/RedHat)
- Experience with tools like Terraform, Jenkins or CircleCI
- Database Experience (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable with Git + Integration Testing
- Scripting Knowledge: Bash (Python/Go are great too but not required)
- A good foundation of knowledge within Cloud and Application Security
- Self-starter, able to take high level direction and work independently with minimal instruction
- Proficient communicator, including in cross-discipline conversations
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Nice to haves
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Experience with serverless e.g. AWS Lambda
- Knowledge of Grafana stack (Grafana, Prometheus, Tempo, Loki)
- Mobile CI/CD
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- Familiarity with JIRA
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
More About DREST
DREST is the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle & styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are an award-winning fast-growth digital platform led by industry experts from the tech, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds.
Centred around gamification, entertainment and creativity, DREST combines state-of-the-art technology with in-game fashion discovery, styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time content feed reflecting the daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our mission is to open up the fun, fantasy and creativity of the exclusive world of fashion, lifestyle and luxury to all via social gaming. By doing this, we are creating new and meaningful communications for one of the most exciting and impactful industries in the world through the application of gaming and proprietary technology and seminal art and design.
The leader in the development of luxury, lifestyle & beauty games, DREST partners with the very best of luxury brands worldwide including Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Burberry, Cartier, Breitling, Fenty, Armani, NARS and Bang & Olufsen amongst 250 others. DREST’s e-commerce partner is Farfetch, the world’s leading luxury fashion marketplace where everything one plays with is shoppable in real life. Named by Fast Company as one of ‘The Most Innovative Gaming Companies’ in the world (2021) DREST is forging ahead in this groundbreaking gaming genre.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves on our multiculturalism & diversity. We hire from the exciting worlds of gaming, tech, luxury fashion & lifestyle bringing a variety of perspectives closer together with the aim of creating inclusive, dynamic, equitable & original products tailored to our audiences around the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.