Merchandising Operations Associate
14 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Merchandising Operations Associate
Job Summary: As a Merchandising Operations Associate, you will play a vital role supporting the Category Management (Buying) and Marketing teams for Pokémon Center, with a focus on our UK operations. Taking responsibility for accurately delivering key daily, weekly, and monthly tasks you will ensure that our products launch on time with the right levels of marketing support behind them, and that our item level data is accurate and up to date across multiple systems. You will also manage regular and ad-hoc reports and perform analysis used for input by the category management and marketing teams on future strategy.
This is an all new role that will work in our London based Pokémon Center eCommerce Product Team, across two areas: category management (buying) and marketing. Reporting to to Sr. Category Manager, you will support all our merchandise buying activity throughout the product development process, keeping track of: project deadlines, product feedback, release dates and marketing plans.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Act as a liaison between the Merchandising, Marketing, Production, Logistics, and Merchandise Development teams.
- Take responsibility for product data entry, maintenance, and accuracy.
- Be responsible for tracking product launch dates. Ensuring accurate data, marketing planning and visibility of production and logistics dates.
- Build effective relationships with cross-functional colleagues.
- Provide timely, appropriate communication to the wider teams.
- Compile weekly sell through and theme performance reports
- Review stock levels in our warehouse to flag over/under stocks and work with Logistics’ teams to create action plans.
- Maintain Line Plan product information used during the Product Development process.
- Compile regular reports and analysis for pre and post launch.
- Compile marketing briefs for campaigns per the marketing calendar.
- Work with the photography, design, marketing, editing and legal teams to deliver successful campaigns.
- Work with the digital analytics team and Business Intelligence to create reports on campaign success and suggestions for improvement.
- Assist the category managers in developing, implementing, and managing new scalable processes to enhance and maintain business strategy.
- Support the wider team on seasonal and ad-hoc marketing projects as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and help with meeting preparation as required.
- Manage internal stock requests and product samples.
- Work with and support counterparts in the US on global needs as required..
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of experience as a merchandising or marketing professional with a global entertainment brand or consumer brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising, Marketing, or or equivalent experience required.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to work independently, balance multiple priorities at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both formal and informal.
- Able to work in ambiguous settings.
- Ability to manage against a calendar with critical breakthroughs and subsequent deliverables.
- Thorough attention to detail, understanding the importance of consistency.
- Relevant experience in a product, merchandising, retail sales, or buying role is preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills (experience with digital analytical tools a plus!)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of core digital marketing concepts (think social, email, paid media, etc.).
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £37000.00 - £56000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.